There are different types of Dental Gloves that bring a wide plethora of benefits to the table. But, as a dentist, you cannot get complete protection with one single type. Dentists should rather use specific gloves that will depend on the process they are going to undertake. The following are the types of Dental Gloves.
- Rubber/Synthetic/Plastic Gloves: This type of glove is mostly used for cleaning purposes when working with solvents, oils, and other forms of chemicals.
- Nitrile Gloves: Made of synthetic rubber, these types of Dental Gloves is a perfect alternative to latex gloves that can cause allergies. They have a high level of sensitivity and are puncture-resistant. You can wear them for long hours and deal efficiently with high-risk procedures which compromise working with harmful materials. But, here you should keep in mind that these gloves are not resistant to UV rays and ozone.
- Vinyl Gloves: These types of Dental Gloves are latex free. You get a comfortable fit on your hands and are used for short-term procedures that are less risky. If you have to deal with non-hazardous elements. Also, these gloves are slightly powdered which makes it easy for dentists to wear them. Although these gloves are cost-effective, they provide reduced elasticity, and durability, and cannot be used with chemicals such as chemotherapeutic drugs or alcohol.
- Latex Gloves: These types of Dental Gloves are made from a milky substance that is taken from rubber trees. They can provide the best fitting and are economical also. Just like their nitrile counterparts, these gloves also have a high sensitivity and are biodegradable also. The only drawback with this type of glove is skin reactions. People who suffer from latex allergy may get rashes or experience itchiness or hives along with skin redness.
- Patient Examination Gloves: If you are to conduct tests or other non-surgical procedures, where you are bound to come in contact with the mucous membrane, then these types of Dental Gloves are a must. These gloves are quite helpful in preventing cross-contamination. They also find wide applications in performing laboratory tests.
Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves- All you need to know
Why wear Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves?
(1) Grip: One of the biggest plus points of wearing Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves is that they provide additional grip to your hands and fingers, allowing you to easily handle sharp and heavy objects. In winter, owing to the chilly weather, your hands start to freeze and lose most of their flexibility and movement, but with these insulated work gloves, your hands acquire the perfect grip that is needed to complete your work. Thus, the aforementioned concern gets mitigated to a great extent.
(2) Insulation: During winters, the workers face the biggest hazards of dryness and frostbite. This is where Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves come in. These gloves can help your employees gain insulation in their hands, thereby keeping them safe from the hazards of freezing temperatures. Also, these gloves can provide insulation from hot objects, and so are quite common among welders.
(3) Protection: There is no doubt that Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves provide top-notch protection. But there is more that these gloves do besides protecting the workers from the chilly weather. High-Quality Insulated Work Gloves protect the workers from sharp and dangerous objects, cuts, and lacerations. They also provide grip and dexterity. What stands out is that with these gloves, the workers are not only safe from harsh weather conditions, but they are also safe from other harmful weather conditions. The padding of the gloves at the back also protects against falling objects too.
(4) Regulation Compliance: Last but not the least, wearing Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves is not just about protecting the workers from the weather, but it is also a part of the OSHA regulations. When you provide your workers with this basic right, you actually comply with the lawful standards, which makes your workplace safe and secure for your employees.
What to look for in Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves
(1) Breathability: Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves are mainly worn toprovide warmth to your hands. But your hands may get overheated due to too much heat at times, and this can cause sweat. This sweat can lead your gloves to lose all of their insulation. So, we highly recommend you to use high-quality breathable gloves that not only provide protection but dexterity to the wearer. Thus, they can work efficiently without putting their safety in jeopardy.
(2) Waterproof Material: People mainly opt for Waterproof Insulated Work Gloves to protect them from chilly weather. But if the gloves keep on getting wet, while performing your task, this gets obsolete. So, it is important to choose rubber gloves or gloves that have a waterproof lining. In this way, you can keep your hands warm and dry.